Berkeley Springs Council 117 was formed on December 8, 1894. The first home was in the building at the corner of Mercer and Fairfax where the Masonic Lodge is currently located. In 1946, when the building was sold, the Junior Order relocated to the Ambrose Building on Washington Street, where it remained until the owners decided to remodel. The council them moved to the upstairs of the Ambrose Building where it remained until 1955. For the next several years member met in the Old Annex School Building while looking for a site to build their own building. Members purchased the lot where the lodge hall is located from Richard Frock on February 20, 1959. Construction on the current building started in May of 1959 and most of the members worked on it at various times until it was completed. The first meeting the newly constructed building was September 24, 1959. In 1982, an addition was constructed. The lodge is located at 732 Harrison Avenue.
The Council has had six past state councilors and two past national councilors.
GO FORTH AND SPREAD THE NEWS OF OUR BELOVED ORDER'S PRINCIPLES. OUR NATION NEEDS US DURING THESE TROUBLED TIMES.